Thursday, May 18, 2006

that good ol' new jack swing

Summer is soon approaching and concert season is around the corner.

So far Stephanie and Corinne are already occupying my time. Also the ladies are thinking about having a mother and daughter day to see Anita. I may add some testosterone to the mix by seeing Michael.

The last time I went to a concert at the one-time Fleet Pavilion, was four years ago to see Angie Stone, Gerald Levert and Luther Vandross. My friends and I were the youngest people in the audience but that didn't stop us from spending the night on our feet, singing along to Luther's classics. At the end of the show we left wanting to be his backup singers. Those ladies were fierce in their bright sequined gowns and undeniable vocal skills.

Saw old Jon B. and AZ Yet videos today and it made me wonder where all the "beggars" went. What happened to the brothers who used to croon about true love and how a good woman made them feel?

Where are the all male R & B groups with the seamless harmonies and temptation-esque sharp dance routines?

Instead, we're bombarded by oversexed Pretty Ricky asking your little sister to playhouse so they can eat (her) body out like lunch.

What the heck?

3 comments:

Marly said...

hehehehe,real talk. Can I be woo woo wooed?

seedofeve said...

for real.
can i hear someone tell me that everytime he closes his eyes that he thinks of me? or that when my body gets weak and needs some attention he'll lay me down?
now that's real talk.

Anonymous said...

Uh, can I see Corinne too?