Thursday, May 11, 2006

this black seed was planted to grow...

I need to escape.

I must go somewhere. Anywhere.

The entire world has officially lost it's mind and I ...maann, I just got to go.

Ever yearn to see the good but the bad keeps blocking your view? And do you ever sense that sometimes unfortunately inorder for situations to improve they must get 10 times worse?

There was a time when you could have called me Ms. Optimist. My glass was once half full.

Unfortunately my feelings run deep and the chaos of the world tends to weigh heavy on my heart. Due to all the wear and tear my glass now has an
irreparable leak and all this craziness has clouded the clarity of its exterior.

To be honest, I'm not even too concerned for myself . It's my children I worry for.

How are they going to grow up in this?

I know, I know I'm only 22 and I don't have kids. But the fact remains that one day I will be a mother, so it's imperative that I
now contemplate how and where I want to settle down and anchor my roots.

The United States is almost completely out of the question because when it comes to crazy, the USA is Public Enemy #1. Perhaps I should 'quit America' and head to St.Kitts like Randall Robinson.

I'm actively searching for fertile land y'all.

Land made to nurture
my future strong, proud and culturally responsible Black seeds.

Any ideas?

----
From the time you were born, . . .

wherever that place may be, this beautiful black seed was
planted, planted to grow and be free . . .whether its bed of
soil was a city of cement and steel, coldhearted haven,
midwest middle of the road village site, big city bright
with glamour and hidden sights, a grit and grace
paradise, or a down home dirt field south of the border,
with the moon as the only streetlight.

This Black seed was planted to grow . .

this Black seed planted to feel the sunlight.

From the Time You Were Born, Charles McClain

1 comment:

POPS said...

hmmm. i'mma let that one marinate